My Lyx installation has suddenly decided that it won't run biber anymore,
even though it is properly indicated in the preferences pane, biber is
accessible from the command line etc. In fact, I can export the file to .tex
and compile from the command line. But I cannot get biber to run from within
Lyx. Any idea on what may be wrong, and how I can find out more information
on the problem? I tried running lyx from console with -dbg 128 (latex), but
all I see is a line saying "Running BibTeX" and no biber output (which
should be rather abundant).

thanks,

Stefano