On Jan 4, 2011, at 9:08 AM, Paul A. Rubin wrote:

On 1/4/2011 10:00 AM, Bruce Pourciau wrote:

The "Number Figures by Section" was _not_ in the selected box, but when I put it there, saved, and then took it out, all was well.
That's odd. Was this document written using an earlier version of LyX? (I'm wondering if lyx2lyx had to process it and did something odd.)

/Paul

No, LyX 1.6.5. But earlier on I did do some switching around to various document classes, before I came back and settled on the basic article class. Perhaps that had some latent effect?
Sounds plausible, in which case I'd call it a bug, but probably one that is hard to reproduce. You don't happen to remember which classes you tried, do you? I was unable to reproduce in 1.6.6 -- I tried starting with article (AMS), which adds the offending module, then switching to article, but the Number Figures by Section module was still visibly selected after the switch.

To be clear, I don't think that retaining the module is the bug -- that could easily be intended by the user. Failing to display the module in the selected list would be the bug.

/Paul

I know I tried IEEETrans and RevTeX4, because they are both close to the format used in the journal the article will appear in. I couldn't get it to compile in RevTeX4, perhaps because I had a bibtex generated bibliography and RevTeX4 seems to want all references in footnotes.

Bruce