On 01/27/2011 07:16 PM, Gabe wrote:
Hello,

I'm running LyX 1.6.8 on Windows 7 and I can't seem to insert my BibTeX
bibliography into my LyX document. 'Insert>  List / TOC>  BibTeX
Bibliography...' causes an error window to open that says "The script '<path to
LyX>/LyX/bin/../Resources/scripts/TeXFiles.py' failed". When I click "OK" the
error window opens again a few more times before an empty 'LyX: BibTeX
Bibliography' window opens up.

It looks to me as if something is wrong with your Python installation, but I am not on Windows, so do not know for sure. You might want to check that the mentioned file is actually there. Probably the solution is to re-install LyX.

I'm also using JabRef (2.6) to push BibTeX entries to LyX which seems to work
except I get a [?] in the resulting .pdf wherever I have a citation. My
understanding is that I need to insert a BibTeX bibliography in the LyX document
to fix this and actually have the bibliography included in the .pdf, is this
correct?

Yes.

Richard