I opened the script with python via command line. Here's the result:

"E:\ProgramFiles\LyX16\Resources\scripts>E:\ProgramFiles\LyX16\python\python
TeXFiles.py
Indexing files of type cls
Indexing files of type sty
Indexing files of type bst
Indexing files of type bib"

The python files do show up with the python icon in explorer. When I click
Tools > TeX Information I get the same error indicating TexFiles.py failed
and the window that opens to display the file list is empty (see attached
image).

Thanks,
-Gabe