Dear Richard

Thanks for your answer! I unfortunately did not understand exactly where I should put this command? When in Lyx preamble or in the custom .sty it results into error... Did I miss something?

Furthermore, yes Lyx still adds preamble commands after user defined, see:

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%% User specified LaTeX commands.

% This file was converted to LaTeX by Writer2LaTeX ver. 1.1.5

% see http://writer2latex.sourceforge.net for more info

\usepackage{../custom}

\usepackage{subfig}

\@ifundefined{showcaptionsetup}{}{%

\PassOptionsToPackage{caption=false}{subfig}}

\usepackage{subfig}

\makeatother

\usepackage{babel}

\begin{document}