Dear Richard

Thanks a lot for your detailed explanation!

Unfortunately, the suggested procedure was without effect: even after inserting/reconfiguring/loading the {no subfig} module, Lyx adds automatically the lines:

\@ifundefined{showcaptionsetup}{}{%

\PassOptionsToPackage{caption=false}{subfig}}

\usepackage{subfig}

Did it work on your Lyx configuration? I have Lyx 1.6.5 on Ubuntu 10.4

Your help is much appreciated!

Matthieu