Andrew <andrew.lee.weisman <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Sounds great, I'll try this.  Thanks for your fast reply Julien!

For reference, htlatex was indeed the program I was using for nice Lyx-HTML
conversion in Windows.  I was unable to set it up using Tools -> Reconfigure
(after downloading tex2ht, which includes htlatex), but setting it up manually
involved simply copying the Windows configuration:

In Tools -> Preferences -> File Handling -> Converters, add a converter with
these settings:

>From format: Latex (plain)
To format: HTML
Converter: htlatex $$i
Extra flag: needaux
Converter file cache: enabled
Maximum age (in days): 180

Also, to make the images larger I modified tex4ht.env (in my Fedora 14 distro,
/usr/share/texmf/tex4ht/base/unix/) and changed the two occurrences of 1400 to
1900 in the two lines

Gdvipng -T tight -x 1400 -D 72 -bg Transparent -pp %%2:%%2 %%1 -o %%3
Gdvipng -T tight -x 1400 -D 72 -bg Transparent -gif -pp %%2:%%2 %%1 -o %%3

These steps produced nice HTML output upon using File -> Export -> HTML.

Thanks again for your help Julien.