Hello!

I am commencing my B.InfoTech (Hons) and want to use Lyx for reports, thesis
etc. I have installed the new Lyx 2.0 on my Macbook Pro and am using up to
date Mactex live from the mirror.aarnet.edu.au mirror) and am experimenting
using the "article (KOMA-Script)" document class. Into my document, I have
inserted a Bibtex generated Bibliography, selected Natbib Author-year, using
"apacite" and pointed it at my marklivingstone.bib file. I typed some text
and inserted some trial citations selecting (author, year) type citation as
appropriate for varying numbers of authors.

When I do an update, and view, I get a beautiful result, but the citations
use "and" instead of "&", and the volume numbers are not italicised.

Before bothering you guys, I went to the Wiki and found the APALyX page. I
downloaded the ApaExample.lyx which I note also uses "apacite" and which has
correctly done ampersand signs and volume number citation style. This tells
me I must have all the requisite class / style / etc files. Unfortunately, I
am very new to Latex / Lyx, and I don't know how to fix my citations. I
considered using the ApaExample.lyx but its stylistic elements are just too
far from my desired requirements. I don't want their style, just their
citation format ;-)

On the ApaLyX page, it says you will need an apa.layout file and says to get
it.... (and doesn't say where from!)

Thanks in advance,

MarkL