On 11/05/2011 1:07 AM, Mark Livingstone wrote:
Hello!

I am commencing my B.InfoTech (Hons) and want to use Lyx for reports, thesis
etc. I have installed the new Lyx 2.0 on my Macbook Pro and am using up to
date Mactex live from the mirror.aarnet.edu.au mirror) and am experimenting
using the "article (KOMA-Script)" document class. Into my document, I have
inserted a Bibtex generated Bibliography, selected Natbib Author-year, using
"apacite" and pointed it at my marklivingstone.bib file. I typed some text
and inserted some trial citations selecting (author, year) type citation as
appropriate for varying numbers of authors.

When I do an update, and view, I get a beautiful result, but the citations
use "and" instead of "&", and the volume numbers are not italicised.

Before bothering you guys, I went to the Wiki and found the APALyX page. I
downloaded the ApaExample.lyx which I note also uses "apacite" and which has
correctly done ampersand signs and volume number citation style. This tells
me I must have all the requisite class / style / etc files. Unfortunately, I
am very new to Latex / Lyx, and I don't know how to fix my citations. I
considered using the ApaExample.lyx but its stylistic elements are just too
far from my desired requirements. I don't want their style, just their
citation format ;-)

On the ApaLyX page, it says you will need an apa.layout file and says to get
it.... (and doesn't say where from!)

Thanks in advance,

MarkL

Hi,

First, apa.layout is nowadays shipped with the regular install of LyX.

Second, you might try to put the following line in the LaTeX preamble (Document > Settings > LaTeX preamble)

\usepackage{apacite}

(not tested)

--
Julien