On 06/06/2011 04:36 AM, Ken wrote:
> When opening one of my documents with LyX 2.0 I get the error:
> "The module fixme has been requested by
> this document but has not been found in the list of
> available modules. If you recently installed it, you
> probably need to reconfigure LyX."
>
> I have Miktex 2.9 installed which appears to have the option to
> install modules with admin privileges for all users, or with user
> privileges for just the current user.
>
> I have fixme installed for the current user in:
> C:\Documents and Settings\Ken\Application Data\MiKTeX\2.9\tex\latex\fixme
> and I have re-configured LyX.
>
> However, I still get this error message.
>
> Is it possible there is a bug in LyX which is not looking in the user
> directory for installed modules?

There is a confusion here. Modules are a LyX thing, not a LaTeX thing,
and MikTeX does not know anything about them. Modules have filenames
like fixme.module, and they are to be installed in your LyX user
directory, e.g., at /home/you/.lyx/layouts/. I do not know where you got
the fixme module, but if you can't remember, you can remove it from the
document at Document>Settings>Modules.

Richard