On 06/16/2011 06:23 AM, Torquil Macdonald Sørensen wrote:
> Hi!
>
> What is the simplest way of working with a LyX document involving
> citations, without using a bibtex file for each LyX file? I want to be
> able to use the LyX frontend to select citations from a list. Can this
> be done in a way that does not involve a separate bibtex file?

I just want to clarify something some other people said: There's no
reason you need a separate bib file for each LyX file. I just have one,
and then I pick whatever citations I need for each document. At the end,
when the paper is done, I use the aux2bib utility to create a bib file
that has only the citations for that document, for archiving or sending
to journals or whatever.

Richard