On 16/06/11 13:49, Jürgen Spitzmüller wrote:
Macdonald Sørensen wrote:
What is the simplest way of working with a LyX document involving
citations,  without using a bibtex file for each LyX file? I want to be
able to use the LyX frontend to select citations from a list. Can this be
done in a way that does not involve a separate bibtex file?

Use the bibliography environment (see sec. 6.5.1 of the User Guide).

Thanks Jürgen! That was just the thing for simple uses like what I'm doing right now. I should have gotten that directly from the manual myself. Apologies for that.

Also thanks to all the other responses. I'll make time to look more in detail at the various suggestions tomorrow. I have looked at JabRef before, and will probably take a second look now.

In this particular case the suggestion from Jürgen worked fine.

Torquil