On Thu, Jul 21, 2011 at 9:37 PM, Paul A. Rubin <ru...@msu.edu> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I just ran into a bug, but I'm not sure who the culprit is. The setup is LyX
> 2.0.0 and Acrobat Reader 9 (specifically 9.4.2-0natty1 on Mint 11 Katya
> (forked
> from Ubuntu Natty).  If I create a document of more than one page in LyX (I've
> tested both article and beamer classes, both new and old documents) and
> preview
> it using pdflatex, Acrobat Reader freezes on the first page (no scroll bars,
> no
> reaction to any inputs) until I force-quit it.

I assume that this is on 2nd and subsequent compilations. When it is
on the first compilation, acroread doesn't freeze, right? If this is
the case, then it's a bug in acroread: it doesn't automatically reload
a PDF document when it has been resaved to disk. Try File > Reload (or
similar) to see if it solves the problem. Otherwise, consider using
Evince, and try acroread only before submitting.

Regards
Liviu

--
Do you know how to read?