You don't need \usepackage{natbib}  in the preamble, but select the
natbib option in Document -> Settings -> Bibliography. There you can
also select Author,Year. For square brackets add "square" to the
options in Document -> Settings -> Document Class -> Custom.

I hope this helps. Regards.
Julio Rojas
jcredbe...@gmail.com