On 10/02/2011 10:54 PM, David L. Johnson wrote:
On 10/02/2011 08:27 PM, Abiel Reinhart wrote:
I'm trying to understand how I can add annotations that sit to the
right of each line of a multiline equation. For example, in a proof,
such annotations might provide justification for each step in the
proof.

In pure LaTeX I could accomplish this like so:

\begin{align*}
    h(x)&= \int_a^b{[f(x)+g(x)]dx}&&  \text{(Some annotation)}\\
&= \int_a^b{y(x)dx}&&  \text{(Another annotation)}
\end{align*}'

However, I'm not sure how to achieve the same effect in LyX.

Abiel
Try, within an aligned environment, "entering" a standard inline math environment. This will give you a blue rectangle, and if you type something there, it will be in standard Roman text. It is a \text{} environment. Alternately, heck, you can type \text and hit the Enter key; you will then be in the text environment you want, but I have "enter an inline math environment" linked to F10, so I just hit F10. You can leave that environment by moving the cursor.

This is normally bound to Ctrl-M. In math, it has the effect of introducing a text box.

Richard