On 10/18/2011 03:35 PM, William Hanson wrote:
Dear All,

I've used LyX for a while, and I'm familiar with the basic features, but I'm now trying for the first time to create a bibliography (list of references). The Users' Guide doesn't help, and neither do the various links on the LyX web site (e.g., to information on BibTeX). I'm probably missing something petty simple, but I'm stuck.

Bill Hanson
The standard bibliography environment, available for the article, AMS-article, and most other document classes, works well for a smallish bibliography. It is, frankly, all I ever use. I have had some coauthors who use bibtex, but we have also always used raw LaTeX to write the file under those conditions (I was not the main text-writer on those). So, I have no experience with bibtex in LyX, but lots of people use it.

--

David L. Johnson

A mathematician is a machine for turning coffee into theorems.
                -- Paul Erdos