On 11/03/2011 11:53 AM, Rich Shepard wrote:
>   Currently running LyX-2.0.1 on Slackware-13.1. It's been several years
> since I loaded the .lyx file for my book, but I want to do so now.
> However,
> lyx tells me that svmono.cls is not installed. When I check I find it
> on the
> system in:
>
> /home/rshepard/.lyx/layouts/svmono.cls
> /home/rshepard/documents/eia-book/submittal/svmono.cls
> /home/rshepard/documents/eia-book/mono/styles/svmono.cls
> /usr/share/lyx/tex/svmono.cls
>
>   What do I need to do to assure lyx that it's actually present?

Probably none of these are in the paths TeX is searching. You'll need to
put it in one of those directories and then run texhash. Run e.g.
"kpsewhich article.cls" to see where that one lives, and put svmono.cls
in a similar location. Or you can create a local TeX tree, e.g., at
$HOME/texmf/. Note that it has to have the same structure as the main
TeX tree. E.g., LaTeX stuff would be below $HOME/texmf/tex/latex/.

Richard