On 28. nov. 2011 19:38, Steve Litt wrote:

I used to wonder about this myself. The best way I've found to do it
is to put \begin{sloppy} at the start of the miswrapping paragraph,
and \end{sloppy} at the beginning of the following paragraph (not the
end of the miswrapping paragraph -- that won't work). I've found
miswraps occur mainly when part of the paragraph hosts a URL or
monospaced fonts.

LyX can break URLs, but are often not good at it. When I get
such problems, I often put the URL on a line of its own.
That tends to work, and separating out a big URL is often
good for readability anyway.

As for paragraphs with monospaced font - LaTeX don't normally hyphenate
such paragraphs, because monospace is supposedly mostly used
for computer code and similiar cases where positioning
may be more important than automatic line breaking.

But this can be changed. Some preamble trickery can
tell LaTeX to hyphenate monospaced text too, and then
it works very well for normal text.

Helge Hafting