> On Fri, 30 Dec 2011 10:50:57 +0100
> Jürgen Spitzmüller <sp...@lyx.org> wrote:
>
> nomnex wrote:
> > I guess I can. I am using Fedroa 15 LXDE, LyX 2.0.2, and the
> > official outdated Textlive 2007 from the repo. I have tried, and
> > once I remove the package unsupported by my textlive version (Doc >
> > Settings > preamble), I can export to pdf/dvi. LyX crashes

<snip>

> Thanks. Are there any suspicious messages in that report (or on the
> console, if you start LyX from there)? Also, can you export to LaTeX
> (pdflatex) and post the tex file here?

Hello, Jürgen. It looks like the problem as been solved. Anyway, for
the information, find below the the shell output of the error msg when
I preview the file to PDF or DVI.

I am not sure if it is related with the OP and the bug, or simply with
my configuration. I open the file. I remove the module convington,
and the command in the preamble. Then, I preview to pdf/dvi.

[mt@nh28d ~]$ lyx > /home/mt/desktop/lyx.log
Warning: Package not available
The module linguistics requires a package that is not
available in your LaTeX installation, or a converter that
you have not installed. LaTeX output may not be possible.
Missing prerequisites:
        covington.sty
See section 3.1.2.3 (Modules) of the User's Guide for more information.
Warning: Package not available
The module linguistics requires a package that is not
available in your LaTeX installation, or a converter that
you have not installed. LaTeX output may not be possible.
Missing prerequisites:
        covington.sty
See section 3.1.2.3 (Modules) of the User's Guide for more information.
Warning: Package not available
The module linguistics requires a package that is not
available in your LaTeX installation, or a converter that
you have not installed. LaTeX output may not be possible.
Missing prerequisites:
        covington.sty
See section 3.1.2.3 (Modules) of the User's Guide for more information.
Buffer.cpp(1190):   /home/mt/document/lyx/test-utf8-crash.lyx.emergency

lyx: SIGSEGV signal caught!
Sorry, you have found a bug in LyX, hope you have not lost any data.
Please read the bug-reporting instructions in 'Help->Introduction' and
send us a bug report, if necessary. Thanks! Bye.
Error: LyX crashed!
SIGSEGV signal caught!
Sorry, you have found a bug in LyX, hope you have not lost any data.
Please read the bug-reporting instructions in 'Help->Introduction' and
send us a bug report, if necessary. Thanks! Bye.
Aborted (core dumped)
[mt@nh28d ~]$

Best regards,
nomnex