Am 03.01.2012 um 17:15 schrieb Olivier Ripoll:

> On 03.01.2012 16:31, Pavel Sanda wrote:
>> Olivier Ripoll wrote:
>>> I reported the very same sysmptoms a few weeks ago but until now it seems I
>>> was the only person to see it, although I could see it on 2 machines
>>> (different OS versions of windows, different CPU different graphic cards).
>>> So I am somehow glad it's happening to you (sorry).
>>
>> ticket number? we have similar reports in trac, but very difficult to
>> reproduce
>> in other systems.
>>
>> are you able to compile lyx on your own? there were done some fixes for
>> slowness
>> in recent trunk (targeted on X11 but it may help here as well, cf
>> http://www.mail-archive.com/lyx-devel@lists.lyx.org/msg171540.html ).
>>
>> pavel
>>

> Hi,
>
> Check my 2 messages in the "LyX 2.0.2 Released" thread, one dated december
> 5th (user mailing lists, perhaps devel too) and the other one dated december
> 16th (devel ML), which contains more details:
>
> http://www.mail-archive.com/lyx-users@lists.lyx.org/msg90218.html
> http://www.mail-archive.com/lyx-devel@lists.lyx.org/msg172462.html

Hi,

I'm almost sure it depends on Qt-Version.

With LyX on Mac with Qt4 we have two fundamental problems:
1. Qt4 with Carbon crashes when interacting with some desktop tools like Divvy
or SizeUp
http://www.lyx.org/trac/ticket/7365 and
http://www.lyx.org/trac/ticket/7519

2. Qt4 with Cocoa is painting text with kerning hints
This doesn't match with the drawing engine of LyX and LyX's cursor movement.
See the discussion here:
http://www.mail-archive.com/lyx-devel@lists.lyx.org/msg169152.html

I've build 2.0.2 on Mac with Qt4.7 where Cocoa is the default to avoid (1).
The drawback is we have to deal with (2) - the current solution is to draw text
just char by char,
the text fragments are only one character long.

To check if this is the culprit one may add the following line to your
preferences file:
\force_paint_single_char false
On a Mac this is the file "~/Library/Application Support/LyX-2.0/preferences".
(Broken cursor placement for long lines should be one consequence.)

Stephan