On Jan 3, 2012, at 11:36 PM, Stephan Witt wrote:

> Am 04.01.2012 um 01:28 schrieb Jerry:
>>>
>>> To check if this is the culprit one may add the following line to your
>>> preferences file:
>>> \force_paint_single_char false
>>> On a Mac this is the file "~/Library/Application
>>> Support/LyX-2.0/preferences".
>>> (Broken cursor placement for long lines should be one consequence.)
>>
>> I've added the line that you suggest and the scrolling is improved--much
>> like or exactly like 2.0.1 scrolling that I commented on earlier in this
>> thread. And I see no problem with an incorrectly placed cursor.
>
> Please, try it with a line of many "m" letters. Is the cursor placement at
> the end of the "m"-text correct?

Uh-oh. With 2.0.2 on my 15 inch MacBook Pro screen, using Cambria font, screen
zoom set to 140%, the cursor gets ahead of (to the right of) a screenful of m's
by about 1.5 cm as measured with an on-screen ruler. If I then make the window
smaller so that the line wraps, forcing the cursor to near the left edge of the
window, the error is quite small or none at all, but as I continue to make the
window even narrower, the error increases until another line wrap, etc.

With 2.0.1, there is no cursor placement error.

Oddly, it no longer matters if the line
\force_paint_single_char false
is in the Preferences file--the behavior is now the same (faster scrolling,
misplaced cursor) with or without that line.

Jerry