On Feb 16, 2012, at 9:37 AM, stefano franchi wrote:

> On Thu, Feb 16, 2012 at 6:35 AM, Eric Weir <eew...@bellsouth.net> wrote:
>
>> Thanks, Stefano. Don't see how to do that, either. Scrivener does not appear
>> on the dropdown list. Perhaps there is something on the list that would
>> stand in for the Scrivener output? E.g., it probably wouldn't do the job,
>> but "plain text"?
>
> Scrivener does not appear because you haven't created it yet.
>
> 1. Go to: Tools>>Preferences>>FileHandling>>File Format
>
> 2. Click "New"
>
> 3. Type "Scrivener' (or whatever) in the filed labeled "Format"
>
> 4. Click "Apply"

Thanks, Stefano. I was overlooking the file format window. Had some difficulty
getting them to save. When I finally did and tried importing a latex document
the weird characters were there again. I tried this several times, making sure
that the converter was properly set up and selected, and starting fresh with a
new compile/export from Scrivener and continued to get the weird characters.

Finally resorted to executing the command in the terminal.

Eric Weir
Decatur, GA  USA
eew...@bellsouth.net

"Hatred destroys. Love heals."