On 2012/03/30 11:23 AM, Jean-Marc Lasgouttes wrote:

Le 30/03/2012 11:08, Samuel Murray a écrit :

 I'm trying out various LaTeX editors and I notice that when I run LyX, a
 program named lualatex.exe tries to access the internet. Why?

Lualatex is one of the latex versions that you can use. It is to have it
run when typesetting a document. Do you use special fonts?

Not as far as I'm aware. Although, now that I think about it, the first time you run LyX it automatically opens a LaTeX file in itself, with an introductory message.

Now that I run LyX for the second time, lualatex.exe no longer attempts to connect to the internet, because no document is open in it.

Samuel