On 2012/03/30 12:26 PM, Jean-Marc Lasgouttes wrote:

Le 30/03/2012 11:46, Samuel Murray a écrit :

 Not as far as I'm aware. Although, now that I think about it, the first
 time you run LyX it automatically opens a LaTeX file in itself, with an
 introductory message.

 Now that I run LyX for the second time, lualatex.exe no longer attempts
 to connect to the internet, because no document is open in it.

I am not sure about what happens, but as far as I know lualatex.exe is a
safe program.

Google Update and Adobe Update are also "safe" programs :-) that access the internet and do all kinds of stuff without the user's say-so. My concern wasn't with whether it was a trojan or not, but with whether it would download additional updates. I wanted to know (initially) how large the actual installer for LyX is (including all required updates).

Samuel