On 04/03/2012 04:39 PM, Jeremy C. Reed wrote:
On Tue, 3 Apr 2012, Richard Heck wrote:

It would help me debug it if you could produce a small example file that makes
this happen. I'm not sure why the output mechanism is choking.
http://reedmedia.net/~reed/tmp/sample1.lyx
http://reedmedia.net/~reed/tmp/sample1.xhtml    (see the extra links in
ToC)

What's causing the problem is that the horizontal line is itself in a \section* environment, which means that LaTeX thinks you have two \section*'s in a row. That doesn't matter very much, it turns out, from LaTeX's point of view, but it's probably not what you want. (If you look at the HTML, you'll see that the rule is in an <h2>.) I'd put the rule just in a Standard environment. If you do that, then it works as you'd want, I think.

From the point of view of XHTML output, what's happening is that LyX doesn't try to put the rule itself in the TOC, but then it sees no content there at all, and that makes it unhappy.

Richard