On 04/11/2012 08:01 AM, Rainer M Krug wrote:

On 11/04/12 13:56, Richard Heck wrote:
On 04/11/2012 07:37 AM, Rainer M Krug wrote:

Hi

is it possible to hav ing the same document open in two windows, instead of
splitting the
document in one window? I know I could open a second instance, but the risk of
editing
accidentally in both is always there...
Yes. Just open a new window, and re-open the document.
That's what I am doing right now - but then I am open to edits in both and
conflicts when saving.
At the moment I set the background of one LyX instance to red to remind me: DO
NOT EDIT!!!!!

Not a new instance. A new *window*, via File>New Window. Try it.

Richard