On Wed, Apr 25, 2012 at 10:16 PM, Brett Randall <brett.rand...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 26, 2012 at 10:34 AM, stefano franchi
> <stefano.fran...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> I am not sure starting to use Jurabib is such a great choice. Jurabib
>> is basically a dead project, as far as I know. It would better to
>> start with biblatex.
>

> Thanks Stefano - I have tried biblatex and just can't get it to work. If I
> was still using Linux I'm sure it would be easy, but running LyX 2.0.2 on
> Windows with MikTeX 2.9, I just can't get bibtex/biber to spit out anything.
> I'm having the same result as this person:
>
> http://www.latex-community.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=11317
>
> (i.e. bold keys in place of citations, and no bibliography printing out).

Brett,

I'm sorry to hear that biblatex is not working for you. Unfortunately
I have no idea why that would be the case, except that it seems from
the log snippet you posted that biber may not be running at all.
Debugging requires more info on your part, I am afraid. Can you post a
minimal lyx example, minimal bib file, and the complete latex log.  Or
send them to me privately. By "minimal" I really mean minimal: one or
two lines for the lyx file, one ref for the bib file.
On the other hand, if you are working against deadline, it may be
better to keep working on Jurabib and switch to biblatex later. BTW,
there used to be a jurabib-only mailing list, have you tried it? Or
you may try comp.text.tex (via the google interface).

Cheers,

S.

Stefano Franchi
Associate Research Professor
Department of Hispanic Studies            Ph:   +1 (979) 845-2125
Texas A&M University                          Fax:  +1 (979) 845-6421
College Station, Texas, USA

stef...@tamu.edu
http://stefano.cleinias.org