Op 4-5-2012 13:42, Mike Bonhoff schreef:
Hi, Lyx-Users,

is there a possibility to stop Lyx when it is compiling. Today I had several times the problem that I wanted to make a picture with tikz and made some mistake in the Lyx-Code (forgot the semicolon in the end of a command). Unfortunately Lyx doesn't return a message that there is a mistake and is compiling forever. I can not even stop the program after that.

As I remember Kile was also not able to stop the compiling of such a "program", but there is a button to stop the compiling.

Can I stop Lyx when it is compiling? I didn't find anything inside the tutorials about that theme. And google seems not to find anything, too.

Thanks!

Mike
It will stop after 30 minutes. Alternatively you can kill the underlying processes (latex or something else).

Vincent