On 05/06/2012 09:06 AM, Gour wrote:
On Fri, 27 Apr 2012 09:43:38 -0400
Richard Heck<rgh...@comcast.net>  wrote:
Regarding the visual appearance, then, I should say that LyX's own
HTML output and elyxer *both* pretty exclusively use CSS to style the
document. So one can in fact change the appearance quite easily,
either by editing the CSS manually, once the file's been exported, or
else by using the usual customization methods within LyX: layout
files, modules, local layout, and so forth. So it's worth
distinguishing these two issues.
I do not want to say that LyXHTML output is ugly, but we wonder where to
find more info how to customize output to come close to the output
generated by bith AsciiDoc as well as Sphinx?

The output is mostly driven by layout files, which is what LyX uses
also in the case of LaTeX output to know what to do with a section
heading. So we have e.g. in stdsections.inc:

Style Section
        Category              Section
        Margin                Dynamic
        LabelType             Counter
        LabelCounter          section
        TocLevel              1
        LatexType             Command
        LatexName             section
        HTMLTag               h2
End

Some of this concerns appearance in LyX itself; some concerns the
LaTeX output; the last bit is XHTML info. Of course, the appearance of
the h2 tag itself can be customized via CSS. That information can also
be put into the layout file, if you wish. See e.g. stdstruct.inc.

Moreover, we're curios if LyXHTML can be configured to produce chunked
XHTML output with navigation links?

This is on the To-Do list. I'm hoping to get to it early in the summer. It
won't be hard, but it'll take a bit of time to get right.

Richard