Am 04.06.2012 11:23, schrieb Rick Blok - LR:

I can't seem to get the split indexes feature to work using Miktex portable on
win7 w/o admin rights.

The installer in general still requires admin privileges. The problem is in one hand Imagemagick and on the other hand MiKTeX. For MiKTeX I did not yet find time to check the case that MiKTeX was installed as admin, but LyX not. Then it is impossible to enable splitindex and some other features because files like a Perl interpreter need to be added to MiKTeX's bin folder. If it was installed as admin, LyX installed as user can't write in this directory.

So does it work if you install the test release with admin privileges?

regards Uwe