I limited my  suggestions to drawing programs. For plotting like Grace, we
have a lot of choices.

I now only use R-Project with ggplot2 for plotting data and Sage for
plotting functions (and other mathematical computations), but I was a Maple
user.

--
Prof. Murat Yildizoglu

Université Montesquieu Bordeaux IV