On 7/29/2012 6:47 PM, curtis osterhoudt wrote:
This *may* be what you want:
http://dcwww.camd.dtu.dk/~schiotz/comp/LatexTips/LatexTips.html#captfont

As it describes a more "global" way of doing things, it may override (or
be overridden by?) the local ERT at each inset. It's all a bit of waving
a dead chicken at it to me, though, and I could be way off base. Still,
hope it helps!

Thanks for your input.

As far as I can see, your link points to general LaTeX advice on the actual typesetting of the captions. I use the caption package for this.

For me, I wanted to have readable and visually different ERT and caption insets within the LyX GUI - thus alignment and font size questions.

Maybe I am missing something, but for me these layout settings do not affect the pdf output. Please correct me if that is wrong / should / could be different. As I said, new to LyX.

Cheers,
Michael