On Tue, Jul 31, 2012 at 1:10 PM, Eric Weir <eew...@bellsouth.net> wrote:

> I've been away from LyX for a while, writing in Vim. I now have a document
> that I need to cut down to 3,500 words from just under 5,000, put references
> in, and get into APA format in Word. Normally, I would dump the draft in
> Scrivener, do this work, then compile for Word. I really want to get
> completely over into working within Vim/LyX/LaTeX. I'm considering dumping
> the draft in LyX and working from within it. My deadline---probably not a
> hard one---is tomorrow.
>
> Having been away from LyX for a while, I'm a little rusty. I don't know if
> this is even possible. When I click on "View other formats," the RTF format
> is greyed out. If in fact I can compile for or export to RTF, I'd like to
> give it a try.

Importing/Exporting RTF/Word documents is usually a pain with
LyX/LaTeX. This has been discussed extensively in the past on the
list, and I think there is also something on the wiki. In addition to
Richard's suggestions, you could try eLyXer for HTML export (to be
imported into Word) and the LibO-powered export to ODT (although I'm
not seeing it in my menus right now).

Good luck
Liviu

PS Maybe Steve and Rob have something to add on Vim/LyX/Scrivener.