Eric Weir <eew...@bellsouth.net> writes:

> On Jul 31, 2012, at 10:31 AM, Richard Heck wrote:
>
>> If you want to export to RTF, then you need to install latex2rtf or some
>> similar program. But I've had better luck lately exporting to the LyXHTML
>> format, and then loading that in LibreOffice.
>
> I tried opening the XHTML in OpenOffice. It reads it as a raw text document,
> i.e., with the HTML code displayed instead of formatted. Would LibreOffice
> handle it differently?

Eric,
I haven't used OO for some time, but as I recall the first line of an
XHTML file confuses it. Open the XHTML file with Vim or a read editor
like Emacs (sorry, couln't resist) and delete the first line.

I think you will have better luck with the Lyx -> XHTML > OO > Word
route than with other converters.

Cheers,
Alan

--