On 08/28/2012 09:23 AM, Michael Bach wrote:
Dear LyX Users and Developers,

I understand that notes are only for the LyX documents, not the exported pdf documents. The comment inset exports to comment environments in tex.

I am using the presentation (beamer) class and wondered how to use one of the insets to export to a \note macro. Did someone set that up already? This would be nice because of the option to include the notes in the export if one wants to and also to e.g. use the nice enumerate markup in LyX.

Just create a new inset by copying, e.g., the comment inset, and then changing what needs changing. E.g., change the LaTeXName to "note", and the name of the inset to "My Note".

Richard