Problem solved, details below.

On 05/10/2012 13:22, stefano franchi wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 3, 2012 at 7:04 PM, Goetz Botterweck
> <goetz.botterw...@lero.ie> wrote:
>> I want to biblatex with Lyx and I followed the instructions at
>> http://wiki.lyx.org/BibTeX/Biblatex
>>
>> PROBLEM
>> When I compile the Lyx file into a pdf
>>
>> 1) at the citation point only the Bibtex key is displayed. For instance, a
>> reference with the key KeRi1988 will just display "[KeRi1988 ]" and not the
>> expected [1].
>>
>> 2) no bibliography is generated by \printbibliography
> I use biblatex routinely with LyX and it works well. I follow the
> instructions on the wiki page you linked to.
> The problem you are seeing seem to indicate that biblatex (or its
> backend) cannot find your bib file.
Solution: Give the full path to your .bib file, even if its in the same
directory as the .lyx file.

(I had the .bib file in the same directory as the .lyx file and assumed
that you do not have to give a full path, but actually you have to. I
also had tried with another another .bib file from the local tex tree,
which did not work because of syntax problems in the .bib file)

> 1. [I don't know if this is possible in Windows.] Launching Lyx from a
> terminal and looking at the ouput that Lyx spits out in the terminal
> when you compile the file (i.e. when you hit View>>View Pdf)

In Windows there is a menu command View > View Messages, which then
displays the console output.

This helped me to diagnose the problem and find the solution above.

Thanks!