On Thu, Dec 13, 2012 at 5:58 AM, Eric Weir <eew...@bellsouth.net> wrote:
> On Apr 20, 2012, at 11:23 AM, stefano franchi wrote:
>> Moreover, it is not even clear that BibTeX will remain the only
>> database format for TeX users. Biber, a much more flexible and heavily
>> developed BibTeX replacement, is starting to integrate other formats
>> (such as EndNote). One more reason, in my opinion, to keep LyX away
>> from these complexities.
>
> Late coming to this topic, but I've been wondering about exploiting Zotero
> for reference, citation, and bibliography management. I'm familiar with some
> work that's been done on this
> <http://forums.zotero.org/discussion/15784/biblatex-export-translator/> but
> perhaps there have been other developments elsewhere.

While we're on the subject of bibliography...

 - Please see bibutils, a tool that uses XML as an intermediate format
so it can convert between a any two of a large number of biblio
formats.

 - It'd be nice if LyX supported remote (HTTP) bib repos.  This makes
picking references harder, but it's worthwhile.

 - It'd be nice if LyX supported using bibutils so as to consume any
of the formats supported by bibutils.

Nico