On Mon, Dec 17, 2012 at 2:02 PM, stefano franchi
<stefano.fran...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Sounds like a great idea. One question: would having an external but
> faithful XML Lyx file allow XLS-translations to XML-based word-processing
> formats?
> That would solve once and for all (hopefully) the problem of the Lyx-->Word
> conversion that still plagues those of us working in the Humanities (At
> least, it still affects me).

Yes, that's precisely why I started this.  My particular goal is to
map to he xml2rfc schema.  I already have an XSL for doing that, but I
depend on LyXHTML output and there's much about LyXHTML that leaves me
unsatisfied -- a more faithful schema would make my task much simpler.
 Also, with a decent XML->.lyx XSL I could also map back from xml2rfc
schema, which is also a goal of mine.

I actually want to produce and contribute the following:

 - lyx2xml -- a script for converting .lyx to XML
 - xml2lyx -- an XSL for converting XML back to .lyx

 - an XSL for turning LyX XML into a more structure schema, from this:

<layout name="Section>Section title</layout>
<!-- section contents follows -->

to this:

<section title="Section title"><!-- section contents --></section>

 - an XSL to flatten the same and return to the native LyX XML schema

Nico