On Sun, 24 Feb 2013, Scott Kostyshak wrote:

Do you just mean compile .lyx files on the cloud? Or do you mean a
complete LyX editor in a web browser? Is the idea that this would be
useful if you don't want to install anything on your computer or if you
want to be able to work from any computer (e.g. at the library)? But for
this one could just ssh with X into a computer that has LyX, no?

Scott,

  I and a collaborator (who is new to LaTeX) could both work on the same
document. I did not propose the LyX version but asked if anyone has
experience with this LaTeX-sharing tool for collabortive writing using
LaTeX. The alternatives are sending the .tex or .lyx file back and forth or
keeping it in a subversion (or git) repository and each checking out the
latest version.

  The 'cloud' is just the latest idea to generate business by those who have
spare room on file servers and untilled bandwidth available. Regardless of
whether a lyx version is attempted I (and perhaps others) would like to
learn of the experiences of those who have used the LaTeX version.

Rich