Regina Anger <regina.an...@hotmail.com> írta:
>Hi,I am using lyx to write a thesis, and currently there are only two issues
>which cause problems:1. Sometimes I use long non-breakable words, like
>long function names. In those cases lyx/latex do not attemp to break a new
>line, instead the long function name ignores margins and even sometimes >is
>placed outside of the printable area.Is this a known problem?

You can add the line
\sloppy
in document preamble (Document->settings->Latex preamble).
It helps to keep margins and force line breaks.

For preventing hyphenation of your long functions add this to the very
beginning of your document in ERT (=insert text code):
\hyphenation{longfunction1 lon-gfun-cti-on2 etc}.

Staying with the above example logfunction1 will not be hyphenated at all,
longfunction2 can be hyphenated at every indicated dashes.

>2. Is there any way to use footnotes in the caption
>of figure floats? Lyx automatically disables the Insert->Footnote menu >item
>in this case.

I don't know about this one.

bcsikos