On 06/05/2013 12:12 PM, Piersante Sestini wrote:
On 05/06/2013 17:46, Richard Heck wrote:
On 06/05/2013 11:32 AM, Piersante Sestini wrote:
I have a problem formatting enumerated lists in a document.

What I need is
==
1 item bla bla bla bla
    (a) sub-item
    (b)another sub-item
  continue item 1 again bla bla bla

2 another item bla bla bla

However, what I get is:

1 item bla bla bla bla
    (a) sub-item
    (b)another sub-item
2  continue item 1 again bla bla bla <---!!!

3 another item bla bla bla

==
How do I prevent lyx from inserting a new item number after the last sub-item of a list?

I don't think you can do this in LyX without ERT. LyX thinks that new paragraphs are new items, and I don't see any way to override this behavior.

For now, then, you have to use ERT for your subitems, as in the attached.

Richard

Thanks! I actually solved it (just by luck) changing the text after the last sub-item to "standard", and keeping it nested at the same level of the sub-items.

Indeed, that does work. And what's really funny is that I've used this trick myself in the past. Totally forgot about it.

I'll attach a document like that in case anyone else has this problem.

Richard