On Mon, Jul 22, 2013 at 4:06 AM, Alexandre de S. Thiago Lemke
<alexandre.le...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm a new LyX user and I am having a little problem: my system is in
> Brazilian Portuguese, but I want LyX to be in English.
>
> I'm using Mac OS X 10.8.4 and LyX 2.0.6.
>
> Language configuration (Configuração de Língua) does not work. Everything I
> found on Google is for old version or Windows and Linux.
>
> I don't want to change dictionary or anything like that, all my documents
> are in BP.

Hi Alexandre,

The following works for me on Ubuntu (I think it should work on Mac).
Run the command
  locale -a
Then locate the language-country combination you want (for me, it
shows as 'en_US.utf8' in the output), and then run the following
command:
  LANG=en_US.utf8 lyx

Best,

Scott