On Tue, 30 Jul 2013 10:33:33 -0400
Richard Heck <rgh...@lyx.org> wrote:

> On 07/30/2013 09:53 AM, Steve Litt wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > How difficult would it be to implement an HTML or XHTML to LyX
> > converter, in which the class= of various elements would become LyX
> > environments or character styles?
> >
> > Would it be easier, or harder, to make HTML 2 LaTeX?
>
> There are plenty things that do html2latex, though I don't think they
> do much by way of preserving styles.
>
> Richard

Oh, I should have made it clear that style preservation would be my top
priority. But you remind me of something: Assuming one writes
completely styles-based HTML, the conversion to either LyX or LaTeX
would be trivial -- everything would be implemented by a style which
could then be defined (better defined) in LyX or LaTeX. It probably
wouldn't be too difficult to turn <span> into a character style, and
through.

Thanks,

SteveT