I can reproduce the problem after I enable babel in the document.
Normally I disable it because it often causes me trouble for unknown
reasons. To disable it globally: Preferences-->Language
Settings-->Language package-->None. Or disable it only for this
document: Document-->Settings-->Language-->Language package-->None.

Without babel, it compiles fine.

Regards,
Yihui
--