Richard Talley <rich.tal...@gmail.com> írta:
>I originally picked up on LyX because I needed to produce some technical
>manuals quickly that looked good to management and that didn&#39;t make me
>deal with the WYSIWYG nightmares of Word and its ilk.
>LyX really came through for me.
>Now I&#39;m helping a friend apply to graduate school. I used the KOMA-script
>v. 2 letter class to typeset his letter of intent. Looks good!
>Now on to the résumé. Let&#39;s see what&#39;s available. ModernCV looks good,
>under development for seven years.
>Except it won&#39;t accept last names much longer than the author&#39;s name
>without hyphenation. Searching produces lot&#39;s of hacks to deal with this.
[Long snip]

Hello:

I don't understand how the subject line is related to your problem.

Furthermore I even don't think what you've described is a problem, especially

is related to lyx.

As I understand correctly you miss a good CV class file and corresponding

documentation and working example file. My opinion is as follows:

One can make nice looking CV without a class file, especially in lyx.

IMO in latex some of the class files are required only since they, or some of
their

commands only  replace the "what you see" part of WYSWYG programs. That is,

by using class file options and commands, without seeing the result you know
how your

document will look, since you know which command does what (e.g. title goes to
top

center, author below title, etc.).

However lyx has a semi "what you see" GUI; using lyx and changing
options/settings

in lyx will be reflected in the GUI and according to more or less the final
output.

With a few clicks you can optimize your output according to your needs without

using the specific class option offered only by the given class.

All in all you can make professionally looking CV using the article class and
formatting

the document by setting and changing lyx options (paragraph, font, etc).

Regards,

bcsikos