On 10/23/13 10:34 AM, Les Denham wrote:
On Tue, 22 Oct 2013 22:19:38 -0600
Richard Talley <rich.tal...@gmail.com> wrote:

Now on to the résumé. Let's see what's available. ModernCV looks good,
under development for seven years.

Richard,

That's what I thought too. The documentation is, as you point out,
rather sketchy. But with a little effort I managed a very nice looking
CV.

Now the really big problem: most, in fact almost all, advertised job
vacancies only accept resumes in MS Word format. So I had to get my
very nice CV into LibreOffice (where it did not look very nice) and
save it in DOCX format.

Pure curiosity, Les, but have you asked to see if they will accept a PDF file? I'd tell them those files are far easier to deal with between programs and platforms, and you don't have to buy Word in order to create them.

I sometimes think people ask for the Word format out of ignorance of anything else.

--
Ken

Mac OS X 10.8.5
Firefox 24.0