Hi Chris,

You might be running into a nasty threading-related bug. A big one was
just fixed (but after 2.1 beta 1):
http://www.lyx.org/trac/ticket/8854

Hopefully the thread-safety related improvements regarding that bug
will address the bug you're fighting with as well.

beta 2 should be out soon. Other than that you might want to try
exporting from the command line since that might get around
thread-related issues.

Best,

Scott