Hi Scott,

Em 29-10-2013 21:17, Scott Kostyshak escreveu:

> You mean something is still not working in LyX? What? If you mean that
> LyX stopped working after the upgrade because texlive-lang-portuguese
> is missing, this is an incorrect statement. LyX is a frontend to LaTeX
> and not a TeX Live package manager. I don't mean to be pedantic, but
> it really does help to understand the difference. apt is what manages
> package dependencies. The package 'lyx' depends on the package
> 'texlive'. So when you install 'lyx', 'texlive' is installed as well.
> 'texlive' does not necessarily install texlive-lang-portuguese. I
> don't know how Ubuntu upgrades work because I always do a fresh
> install and I recommend that others do as well.

As a user what I observerd was that after ubuntu was updated lyx stopped
working, that is a fact. I think we all agree that shouldn't happen, so
it would be good to find the cause and make sure it doesn't happen in
future upgrades. Most probably the problem is caused by some problem
with apt and the ubuntu repositories, not an issue with lyx per se. I
imagine that lyx developers are nevertheless involved in the packaging
of lyx for debian/ubuntu, so it's good that they are aware of this
issue, probably other users will see the same symptoms as me and come
here to report it.

Everything is working fine on my system though, so it was an easy fix.

thanks,
Miguel