On 2013-11-18, Roel Schipper - CITG wrote:

> [-- Type: text/plain, Encoding: quoted-printable --]

> Dear Lyx users,

> One of my articles was translated in Russian, and now I would like to
> refer to it in my PhD thesis. If I want to 'pdflatex' my thesis, the
> bibliography pages, however, stay empty, where the settings worked fine
> before and until I entered this Cyrrilic signs.

> I am using Lyx 2.0.6 under Windows 7 with MiKTeX, and am a LyX user for
> a few years, and now JabRef 2.9 as reference manager, that stores my
> references in a flat text BibTeX file. The entry looks fine in the text
> file:

> @ARTICLE{Schipper2011a,
>   author = {Schipper, H.R.},
>   title = {Производство Бетонных Элементов С Двумя Криволинейными Контурами
>       - Применение Передовых Производственных Методов В Создании Свободных
>       Архитектурных Форм (Manufacturing Of Double-curved Concrete Elements)},
>   journal = {Бетон И Железобетон (Concrete and Reinforced Concrete)},
>   year = {2011},
>   volume = {1},
>   pages = {48-52}
> }

> In LyX' document settings I have my bibliography-settings standing at:
> Natbib, author-year, style, and in the options in the Bibliography
> settings I have selected: APA style.

> Any suggestions?

The original bibtex does not understand non-ASCII charcters.
There is an 8-bit clean fork (bibtex8).

If you use literal German umlauts in your *.bib file without problems, this
is a sign that bibtex8 is used.

What is the encoding of the bibtex file?

Do you use utf-8 for the exported LaTeX file?
(Document>Settings>Language>Encoding)

Does Cyrillic work, if you drag-and-drop it into the document (just as a
test)?

Does it work if you set the language of the relevant text part to Russian?

With

* an utf-8 encoded LaTeX file,
* the russian option to babel (or as document wide option)
* \foreignlanguage{russian}{<cyrillic text>} around all cyrillic text parts
* bitex8
* a suitable Cyrillic font
* some luck

it might work.

Alternatively, you may try to write the Cyrillic characters as LICR macros
(\cyra ... \cyrja) - this should solve utf-8 problems but you still need
correct fonts and the correct language setting (so switch the TeX font
encoding).

Günter