Have you looked at:
http://wiki.lyx.org/FAQ/Spacing

HTH

On 12/12/2013 09:00 AM, mike wrote:
I have a document which almost entirely consists of nested enumerated lists. The problem is that the vertical spacing between paragraphs and items in an enumerated list is too close together. I have tried to remedy this in Document > Settings > Text Layout by using the vertical space button but that doesn't seem to have any effect. In the same dialogue box if I set line spacing to double I almost get what I want except that individual paragraphs are double spaced. What I really want is that everything is "double spaced" except for the lines in an individual paragraph.

Can someone please help me?  I'm new to LyX.

Thanks in advance
Mike

--
Ehud Kaplan, Ph.D.
Jules and Doris Stein /Research to Prevent Blindness/ Professor